Tortall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tortall

A place where we can come and RP as different characters from Tamora Pierce's Beka Cooper, Alanna of Trebond, Veralidaine Sarrasri, Keladrey of Mindelin.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 100 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:57 am
Latest topics
» Training Yard
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 pm by The_Gryphin

» Mess Hall
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm by The_Gryphin

» The stables
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 am by The_Gryphin

» Spam Board
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm by Alanna of Trebond

» Corrupt a Wish
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 pm by The_Gryphin

» Outside the Court of the Rogue
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:06 am by Alanna of Trebond

» Dog's Muster
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:26 am by The_Gryphin

» Away Board
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am by Alianne of Pirate's Swoop

» Slap the Keyboard
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 am by The_Gryphin

» Keladry of Mindelan's Rooms
Training Yard I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 pm by Alanna of Trebond

Top posters
Alanna of Trebond
Training Yard I_vote_lcapTraining Yard I_voting_barTraining Yard I_vote_rcap 
The_Gryphin
11memory
sal
Alianne of Pirate's Swoop
Alexander of Tirragen
booklover
aniloverl
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Training Yard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:
Training Yard Left_bar_bleue20/20Training Yard Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 pm

There is a Quintain, a fake swordsman to practice against and much more for you to work out with.
Back to top Go down
http://leroyjethrogibbs.proboards.com/index.cgi
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Alanna, after a lesson with Duke Roger, walked down to the training yard. She really didn't want to deal with anyone. Being on her monthlies, and cramping, she didn't think she could deal with anyone without killing someone. Literally. "Hm. Figures. I am so glad no one dares train in the dead of winter out here..."
Back to top Go down
Alexander of Tirragen

Alexander of Tirragen

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Which, of course, wasn´t true. Winter or not, Alex went to the training yard on a daily basis. He had been working on a complicated series of steps and sword moves, and he was frustrated because he still wasn´t getting them right. It was much easier with an opponent. But Raoul had left half an hour ago, complaining about the cold, and Geoffrey had followed soon after, complaining that it was no fun fighting against somebody who always won.

Alex was not cold. The training had warmed up every part of his body. He was beginning to tire, though, and was considering calling it quits for this afternoon, when Alan appeared. Alex reconsidered. Alan was always up for some fencing practice, and it would be nice to try out his newly acquired moves against somebody who knew what he was doing. So Alex stepped forward and called out “Hey Alan, how about a round of fencing? I´ll do your maths homework if I lose; if I win, you´ll help me with this history essay Olau wants til Friday. Deal?”

As he stepped closer, he noticed Alan´s expression. He looked as if he was in pain, or in a very bad mood.* Alex frowned. “Are you okay?”

*I can edit that, of course.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 pm

*no, not at all. Perfect. And who will win?*

Alanna looked up at the sound of her name. "What do you want, Alex? A duel?" And she knew she'd probably have helped Alex if he had asked.
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Faithful padded forward, pawing gently at Alanna's leg. I think it will take your mind off the pain. Try it. He then leapt up to a post to watch.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Alanna looked down at her cat. "Thanks Faithful..." she muttered. "But I think this is more than just that."
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Are you just going to stand there? Faithful asked, yawning. You want to pratice and get your mind away? Well go ahead. The boy asked you Unless you're scared. Fatith peered out between slitted eyes at the girl. He purred at his own brillance.
Back to top Go down
Alexander of Tirragen

Alexander of Tirragen

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 am

„A duel?“ Alex raised his eyebrows, then shrugged. „If you want to call it that.” Somehow, a duel sounded more serious than just a round of fencing, but in the end it was just words. They would be fighting with training swords anyway; whoever rendered the other defenseless would win, no drawing blood.

“I see you brought a referee”, he said as he took up the starting position, nodding at Faithful. He observed the interaction between the two. It was fascinating, though slightly unsettling. They looked as if they were talking to each other.

He waited until Alan had assumed his starting position, too, and then attacked immediately.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Alanna stepped into the "guard" position. "Let's fight. Faithful isn't a referee. He's bored."

((Chris, no double posting. Go take a look at the rules and re-sign them if you do. This is your first warning.))
Back to top Go down
Alexander of Tirragen

Alexander of Tirragen

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Other people wasted time circling their opponent, looking for weak spots, calling out insults. Alex did none of that. He knew Alan, he knew how Alan fought, and looking for weak spots was not going to take him anywhere, since Alan rarely showed any. What Alex also knew was that Alan was fast, and so he had to be faster. He started off with a series of quick blows, then seemingly retreated, but while he took one step back the next few brought him around the younger boy, hopefully fast enough that he could attack him from behind before Alan found the time to turn around.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Alanna smirked as Alex attacked. She parried his attacks, realizing as she went, that exercise did help.

She thought about attacking, she noticed Alex spin around her. "Well, by all the Gods!" she though as she tried to spin around to face her opponent.
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Watch it Alanna! Faithful yowled.

Last edited by The_Gryphin on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no italics)
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

"Fat lot of good that's doing me, Faithful!" Alanna thought.
Back to top Go down
Alexander of Tirragen

Alexander of Tirragen

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Now, finally, there was the opportunity Alex had waited for to apply the newly learned technique. One, two steps, a dance almost, his sword faking a blow upwards but then going to the side and slashing through the air in a downwards motion as quick as a flash – if he had gotten everything right, the blunt tip of the training sword should end up pointing at Alan´s throat, thus rendering the boy utterly defenceless.

(OOC: You decide whether this is the end of the fight or not)
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Faithful stood on the fence, lashing his tail. He'd seen this move before of course. You aren't a constelation cat if you don't pay attention to Earth. But this was Alanna's fight and he wouldn't always be there for her. She needed to learn how it goes. But, ye gods, he hope she didn't get hurt. She was his charge and it would take quite a bit of restrant from attacking. if this boy got cocky. He gouge his claws into the wood, hoping that nothing would go wrong with this innocent girl, so young and yet so strong. Mother Goddess, protect her please! he prayed as the move was closing in on Alanna.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 am

Alanna almost growled, "I yield, Alex." Oh, how she hated this.
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Faithful hung his head. Alanna had such pride. This wasn't going to end well. He had wanted something to distract her and this had. Now she was more upset and probally with him. Guess who's sleeping outside tonight! He mutttered under his tuna fish smelling breath. He leapt down next to his mistriss gently nudging her leg, trying to turn her before the boy said something he was going to regret.
Back to top Go down
Alexander of Tirragen

Alexander of Tirragen

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 pm

A flicker of a smile crossed Alex´s face. He knew he shouldn´t be so satisfied about having beat a mere page, but the fact remained that he had been exercising for more than an hour, while Alan had been fresh.
“You were good”, he said as he lowered his training sword. “Just take care to use your strength for swinging your sword rather than holding it. When you get nervous, when things go too fast, you tend to tighten your grip around the hilt. That way you´re depriving yourself of a small portion of your strength that you could put to better use in other ways.”
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Faithful paused. Maybe this boy could help! He looked up to Alanna, hoping for a change in her emotions.
Back to top Go down
Alanna of Trebond
Admin
Admin
Alanna of Trebond

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:59 pm

((Oh, we're going to have fun with this.))

Alanna thought back onto her fight with Alex. "Now that you mention it, I do managed to do that... Thank you, Alex." She smiled lightly. "That helps."

She looked at Faithful. "There will be a day when I beat Alex, and have him at sword point like he had me." And somehow, she knew it to be true.
Back to top Go down
The_Gryphin

The_Gryphin

Character sheet
Health:

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Faithful sighed in relief and trotted away. Alanna was grasious about it and he couldn't be prouder. But what bothered him was that determined look she had on her face when she had gazed at him. Maybe it was nothing. But the girl did need to learn and if she was willing Alex could help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Yard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Yard   Training Yard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training Yard
Page 1 of 1